“Incoming” is an 8 x 10 inch graphite portrait of a Peregrine Falcon in flight.
The moment I saw the photo of this Peregrine Falcon in flight I knew I had to draw it. I loved everything about it from the lighting to the angle.
- Peregrine Falcons are the fastest creatures on the planet! They reach speeds up to 200 miles per hour when diving after their prey.
- They are one of the largest species of the falcon family and are found on every continent except for Antarctica.
- They are sometimes called the “Duck Hawk” in North America.
- Peregrine’s diet consists mainly of birds.
- A Peregrine will catch a bird mid-air and often times completely remove all the feathers before reaching the ground!